Cumulative Update 5 for System Center 2012 SP1 Configuration Manager has been released and are now avaliable for download.
Note: If you’re running ConfigMgr 2012 R2 you don’t need this update. This update is for ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 only!
The update can be downloaded here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2978017
ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 CU5 fixes the following issues:
- The Continue on error check box is not selected under Task Sequences when an Install Software step and a Virtual Application package are defined as the source. This affects only task sequences that are migrated from Configuration Manager 2007 to System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- The Task Sequence Agent (TSAgent) does not use the logging-related values that are set in the following registry subkey on a client computer:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CCM\Logging
- 2961924 A command-line action that has a linked package doesn’t start in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- 2923078 Reporting Services installation fails on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 that has SQL Server 2014 installed
- 2931044 Discovery Data Manager slows when it rebuilds .ncf files on startup in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
- Applications cannot be changed or copied after they are migrated from one System Center 2012 Configuration Manager site to another site. Messages that resemble the following are logged in the Distmgr.log file after you try to make changes:Package <PkgID> is in Pending state and will not be processed
- 2952686 You cannot install an application by using stand-alone media in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
Configuration Manager client
- The SMS Agent Host service may stop unexpectedly in an environment that uses multiple overlapping boundary groups that are configured for automatic site assignment. The ScanAgent.log file contains an entry that resembles the following:[FATAL ERROR] Invalid params exception was raised.
- When you view the Primary Device that is associated with a user, you may see other devices that have the same name, even if they are associated with a different user.
Additional changes that are included in this update
Cloud-based distribution points
- Newly created cloud-based distribution points use a “Family 2” (Windows Server 2008 R2) Guest operating system. Existing cloud-based distribution points can be upgraded to Family 2 by using the Microsoft Azure portal.
Additionally, a possible race condition that affects distribution point status is resolved. To learn about this issue, see the following System Center Configuration Manager Team Blog article:Azure Guest OS Family 1 retirement impacts cloud-based distribution points
- This update adds Ubuntu version 14.04 to the list of supported platforms for software distribution.
The non-Windows client update that provides the corresponding Ubuntu support is available from the Microsoft Download Center. Learn about this non-Windows Client update(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2976481/ )
for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- Mac OS X 10.9 is added to list of supported platforms for software distribution and configuration items.
- This cumulative update includes an updated version of the Endpoint Protection client. For more information, see the following Microsoft TechNet blogs:
- Anti-malware platform updates for Forefront Endpoint Protection/System Center Endpoint Protection will be released to Microsoft Update(http://blogs.technet.com/b/configmgrteam/archive/2014/03/27/anti-malware-platform-updates-for-endpoint-protection-will-be-released-to-mu.aspx)
- FEP and SCEP anti-malware protection support after OSes reach end-of-life