You’ve properly heard about it and soon you’ll have the chance to try it out yourself. The System Center Online team has announced the upcoming beta release of System Center Online Desktop Manager, expected to be released this year. Register to be notified when the Desktop Manager beta is available here.
Here’s what will be included in the upcoming release:
- Updates Management Workload: Manage the Microsoft updates from a web-based console. Review available updates, choose updates and deploy to selected computers or groups of computers. Imagine WSUS from the cloud.
- Policy Workload: Provides the ability to configure operational settings of the Windows Update and Anti-Malware agents installed on the client computers.
- Anti-malware Workload: Review anti-malware, anti-virus status and remedial actions from the SCODM console. Ensure managed computers have up-to-date signatures.
- Assets Workload: Collect detailed hardware and software inventory on managed computers. View this information in reports. Use the License reconciliation feature to load your Microsoft volume license agreement information and compare installed application quantities with licensed quantities.
- Alerts Workload: Helps you quickly and easily find problems (or potential) on your computers. You can also get help on how to solve the problem or how to start troubleshooting.