With ConfigMgr 2007 SP1 released, we now have support for running ConfigMgr on Windows Server 2008. Microsoft has released an update that adds the required information, so the Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) can lock down the ConfigMgr Site Systems.
Download the update here.
The Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) is an attack-surface reduction tool for the Microsoft Windows Server® 2008 operating system. SCW determines the minimum functionality required for a server’s role or roles, and disables functionality that is not required. The Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 Windows Server 2008 SCW template supports both new and updated site system definitions and the required services and ports.
Feature Bullet Summary:
The Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 Windows Server 2008 SCW template adds support for the following new site systems:
- Out of Band Service Point
- Asset Intelligence Synchronization Point
The Configuration Manager 2007 SCW template renews support for the following site systems:
- Fallback Status Point (FSP)
- State Migration Point (SMP)
- PXE Service Point (PSP)
- Software Update Point (SUP)
- System Health Validator (SHV)
- Primary Site Server (PSS)
- Secondary Site Server (SSS)
- Server Locator Point (SLP)
- Management Point (MP)
- Reporting Point (RP)