The Configuration Manager 2007 Software Development Kit (SDK) has been released and is now available on the Microsoft Download Center.
In addition to Service Pack 1 support for Windows Vista, MDT 2008 also has the following new features:
- Full support for Windows Server 2008
- Additional Actions including Configure DHCP, Authorize DHCP, Configure DNS, and Configure ADDS
- New scripts that will automate the installation of Mass Storage Drivers for Windows XP and Windows 2003 Systems
- Ability to use a WSUS server for the Windows Update script
- Improved performance for the PXE Filter for System Center Configuration Manager unknown computer support
- Improved documentation including a new Quick Start Guide for System Center Configuration Manager and a guide for implementing the Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager