Microsoft has released an updated version of the HealthCare pack for the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 (MDT). This guide is really great and can be a great for inspiration even if you’re not in the Health Care Business :o), or if you’re using ConfigMgr/ZeroTouch, so I would highly recommend reading and testing this guide.
This guidance brings together the proven deployment approach of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010, with current best-practice specific to healthcare organizations.
The result is Healthcare MDT 2010, a customized addition to MDT 2010, which can be used by healthcare organizations that wish to produce a client or server image for deployment in an automated and repeatable manner.
Summary of Guidance
The Healthcare MDT 2010 Administrators Guide enables:
- Installation and use of Healthcare MDT 2010
- Building a Lite Touch deployment environment for the automated deployment of builds within the healthcare organization
- Building a standard process for creating images for new and existing machines
- Creating a reference desktop or server image to be used throughout the healthcare organization
The Healthcare MDT 2010 Release Notes contain:
- Information on the minimum hardware requirements and software prerequisites
- Installation and uninstallation information
- Information on known issues