Microsoft has just released the final (RTM) build of the SCCM clients for Mac and UNIX/Clients.
The Clients for Additional Operating Systems allow you to manage Apple Mac OS X, UNIX and Linux computers using SCCM 2012 SP1.
The following Mac versions are supported in this release:
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
The following UNIX and Linux versions are supported in this release.
- RHEL Version 6 (x86 & x64)
- RHEL Version 5 (x86 & x64)
- RHEL Version 4 (x86 & x64)
- Solaris Version 10 (x86 & SPARC)
- Solaris Version 9 (SPARC)
- SLES Version 11 (x86 & x64)
- SLES Version 10 SP1 (x86 & More >
I’m trying to get all my exams upgraded to Windows 8/Windows Server 2012, and today I passed the “Configuring Windows 8″ test (70-687).
Last month I passed the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 test, and my goal is to get the “70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure” before Christmas…Status
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate – Windows Server 2012
- Exam 70-417: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 (passed)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate – Windows 8
My presentations and demos are now ready for Microsoft Campus Days 2012. The biggest events in Denmark for IT Pro’s. The event kicks off tomorrow, where 2200 attendees will join us to celebrate all the latest releases from Microsoft.
I’ve got a session on Application Management using ConfigMgr 2012 and Windows Server 2012. Learn how side-loading can help you manage your Windows 8 Apps, and how Deep-Links to the Windows Store, can be deployed using ConfigMgr 2012 SP1.
Last Friday I passed the “Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012″ test (exam number 70-417). This test was a 3 part test, that covers the following 3 exams:
- Exam 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Exam 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012
- Exam 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
My score was 866.So what’s next?
In the next 3-5 months I plan to complete the following 3 “tracks”:
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate – Windows 8
- Exam 70-687: Configuring Windows 8
- Exam 70-688: Managing and Maintaining Windows 8
Microsoft Certified More >
Microsoft has released MDT 2012 Update 1, and supports now deployment of both Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
Some of the key changes in MDT 2012 Update 1 are:
- Added support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
- Support for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 CTP: Added support in MDT for deploying Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 with Configuration Manager 2012 SP1 CTP, while supporting all new Configuration Manager functionality (offline BitLocker, UEFI, and Assessment and Deployment Kit).
- Support for DaRT 8 Beta: Updated MDT to support DaRT 8 for Windows 8 deployments, More >
Windows 8 is finally released and many customers has started to test the latest release of Windows in their labs and production environments.
One of the first thing you’ll need to do, is to activate Windows 8. When you’re ready for mass deployment of Windows 8, you should always you KMS to activate Windows clients, but in the testing phase you might prefer to enter the product manually (use the MAK Key).
In this release you can’t use the standard GUI to enter the product key. You need to use the command line tool.
To activate Windows 8 Enterprise start the Command Prompt (run as More >
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 Update 1 Beta 1 is now available for download! This release expands the deployment capabilities with support for the latest software releases, including Windows 8 Release Preview, Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate, and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 Community Technology Preview.
New features and enhancements make large-scale desktop and server deployments smoother than ever with new features, such as:
- New support for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1
- Integration with Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 8 (DaRT) Beta
- New More >
Windows Server 2012 RC is now available for download here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/hh670538.aspx
The build number is 8400.
OS Deployment and patch management has always been big challenge for many admins around the world. Not just the testing, but also to get the customer image patched made many ConfigMgr admins a lot older .
One of the new features in ConfigMgr 2012 allows you to apply updates to an OS image that’s been imported to the ConfigMgr 2012 library. This feature only supports “Component Based Servicing” (CBS) updates, and can be applied to Windows Vista and above.
To use this feature, navigate to Software Library -> Overview -> Operating Systems – Operating System Images, select the Image that you wish More >
Support for file shares that use the Server Message Block (SMB) 2.2 protocol
Live migration enhancements
Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) in the community technology preview (CTP) of System Center 2012 SP1 provides the following new features:
VMM in the CTP release of System Center 2012 SP1 provides support for the network virtualization capabilities available in Windows Server "8" Beta.
Network virtualization provides the ability to run multiple virtual network infrastructures, potentially with overlapping IP addresses, on More >