Windows 8 Enterprise: Product Activation
Windows 8 is finally released and many customers has started to test the latest release of Windows in their labs and production environments.
One of the first thing you’ll need to do, is to activate Windows 8. When you’re ready for mass deployment of Windows 8, you should always you KMS to activate Windows clients, but in the testing phase you might prefer to enter the product manually (use the MAK Key).
In this release you can’t use the standard GUI to enter the product key. You need to use the command line tool.
To activate Windows 8 Enterprise start the Command Prompt (run as Administrator) and type the following two commands:
slmgr.vbs -ipk <insert your product key here>
Windows 8 Should now be activated…
- TS: Configuring Windows 8 (70-687)
- Campus Days 2012 here we come…
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012
- System Center User Group Meeting – November 2012
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 Update 1 released
- What’s New in System Center 2012 SP1 – Virtual Machine Manager
- Save the Windows 8 BitLocker Recovery Key on SkyDrive
- SCUG.dk User Group Meeting: Session update