Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 Update 1 released
Microsoft has released MDT 2012 Update 1, and supports now deployment of both Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
Some of the key changes in MDT 2012 Update 1 are:
- Added support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
- Support for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 CTP: Added support in MDT for deploying Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 with Configuration Manager 2012 SP1 CTP, while supporting all new Configuration Manager functionality (offline BitLocker, UEFI, and Assessment and Deployment Kit).
- Support for DaRT 8 Beta: Updated MDT to support DaRT 8 for Windows 8 deployments, while continuing to support DaRT 7 for Windows 7 deployments. Added DaRT support for Configuration Manager scenarios.
- New “Build Your Own Pages” User-Driven Installation (UDI) feature: Enhanced the UDI wizard and designer to enable IT pros to design their own wizard pages with little effort.
- New System Center 2012 – Orchestrator support: Provided the ability to add steps into an OS deployment task sequence to execute Orchestrator runbooks as part of the deployment process.
- Other improvements: Added support for Windows PowerShell 3.0, reworked Roles and Features installation logic for Windows 8, improved “boot from VHD” deployment scenarios, and added support for Configuration Manager monitoring.
- FIX: Deploy Windows to UEFI devices using MDT + SCCM
- TS: Configuring Windows 8 (70-687)
- Campus Days 2012 here we come…
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012
- System Center User Group Meeting – November 2012
- Windows 8 Enterprise: Product Activation
- Troubleshooting CM2012 Task Sequence Actions Using ServiceUI
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 Update 1 Beta 1 Now Available!
- Client Management Sessions from TechEd Europe 2012
- Windows Server 2012 RC (Build 8400) is now available