Deploying Internet Explorer 9.0 using Configuration Manager
If you need to deploy Internet Explorer 9 using the Configuration Manager OSD Task Sequence, this is the command line that you should use:
ie9_package.exe /quiet /norestart /update-no
You should use the /update-no command-line option to prevent the Internet Explorer 9 package from checking for updates. If you do not use the /update-no command-line option, the Internet Explorer 9 package will require an Internet connection during installation.
To uninstall Internet Explorer 9.0 (unattended), run this command twice from an command prompt (cmd.exe) with admin rights:
FORFILES /P %WINDIR%servicingPackages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*9.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart"
this removes the IE9 with the help of the command line. Credits go to Nadine K. (German MS Support Engineer).
All versions of Internet Explorer 9 can be downloaded here:
- How-to: Deploying Microsoft Office 2013 using SCCM 2012
- SCCM 2012: Requirement Rules for Microsoft Office 32 or 64 bit
- Importing drivers for OSD in ConfigMgr 2012
- Migrate a SCCM 2007 MDT Task Sequence to SCCM 2012
- Configuration Manager Survival Guide
- New Hotfix: Issues after restoring a Configuration Manager 2007 site server from a 32-bit to 64-bit operating system
- List of Public KB Articles and Hotfixes for Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
- CampusDays – ConfigMgr 2012 Application Management Part 1 of 2
- ConfigMgr 2012: Applications that depend on this application
- PowerPoints from Microsoft Campus Days (October 2011)