P2V Migration adds documentation and support of System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Zero Touch Installation!
What is better than spending a moment to kick off a completely automated process to redeliver an existing operating system as a virtual machine within a new build of Windows 7?
Answer: Making the entire process "zero touch" without necessitating a visit to the target computer or manually initiating the migration!
P2V Migration for Software Assurance can now be implemented using System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Operating System Deployment as well as native Lite Touch Installation with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010. Computer refresh, replace and restore task sequence templates for Configuration Manager are included and documented in this Beta release.
Additional optimizations beyond Configuration Manager functionality included in this release are:
- Better flexibility for backing-up and restoring VHD files using default file locations
- Support for PCs using system and boot volumes
- Globalization of scripts to handle varying regional and locale formats
- General bug fixes and improved documentation
These fixes reflect the feedback of our Connect community and MVPs – thanks to everyone for submitting feedback!
Download P2V Migration for Software Assurance Beta 2 now:
- How-to: Deploying Microsoft Office 2013 using SCCM 2012
- SCCM 2012: Requirement Rules for Microsoft Office 32 or 64 bit
- SCCM 2012 – Offline Service for OS Images
- What’s New in System Center 2012 SP1 – Virtual Machine Manager
- Monitoring ConfigMgr 2012 OS Deployment using State Messages
- Save the Windows 8 BitLocker Recovery Key on SkyDrive
- Configuration Manager Survival Guide
- New Hotfix: Issues after restoring a Configuration Manager 2007 site server from a 32-bit to 64-bit operating system
- List of Public KB Articles and Hotfixes for Configuration Manager 2007 SP2
- CampusDays – ConfigMgr 2012 Application Management Part 1 of 2